svga console/X on IBM Thinkpad 560

Hello there,

Tried to get vesafb working on TP 560. However it did not work, tried
every twist with kernel config, hex/decimal in lilo.conf and so on.

Now I think I've found a possibility to at least get a nice 100x37
console:
Due to kernel-source-2.2.19/Documentation/svga.txt, there's a #define
switch in arch/i386/boot/video.S:
CONFIG_VIDEO_GFX_HACK, which can be used
on IBM Thinkpads to get 100x37 console in 800x600 graphics mode.
However there's a warning: Don't use unless you think you know what
you are doing. I think I know what I am doing, but I want to be sure,
So, does anybody have any experiences with this?
Which switches do I have to use in make menuconfig in the console
drivers section to have this working?
And there's a reference in the documentation to a file:
ftp://ftp.phys.keio.ac.jp/pub/XFree86/800x600/XF86Configs/XF86Config.IBM_TP560
where it describes how to use this mode setting for X.
However, the ftp service on this host has been shut down. So does
someone know, where I can get this file? Already searched at google,
however, several different files of that name showed up, and I
couldn't really identify which one is the right.

Regards,
Daniel