Re: configurations, interfaces(5)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Dave Morse wrote:

> What is the best way to manage "configurations" on a laptop?
>
> I.e. at home: through eth0/192.168.88.7, run NIS and NFS
> At Work: through eth0/192.168.1.1, run samba
> On the road: through modem, run nothing

Have a look at netenv, it should get you at least partway there, and you
could write a script that used the current netenv config to bring up the
relevant services/mount the relevant shares.

--
In German "invent-a-new-word-where-a-perfectly-good-one-already-exists"
is probably a word. - Peter da Silva - a.s.r