Re: Problem setting (new) default route with pppd after connecting

   This is normal behavior from my experience.  I've never seen
   PPP replace a default route that already exists.  If you only
   have a few known hosts or networks at the ISP you could build
   a script to inject those host and net routes into the table
   when PPP comes up.  I've done this with PPTP.  If you'd like to
   see my script I'll share.  It shouldn't require much change to
   work for you.

   jc

Thusly Thwacked By Alex Suzuki: