Re: What's your favorite inexpensive Linux laptop?

Chris Ivanovich <creature@blacklagoon.org> writes:
> I was hoping I could get some personal opinions here.  I currently
> have Debian running on a server in my house, and a Macintosh
> notebook.  I'm now looking to fire up a PC notebook with it, as well.

I've always preferred old IBM laptops for inexpensive linux
travel-mates.  I currently have two laptops:

IBM 380ED P166, 80MB RAM, CD-ROM, and a 2GB HD - It was a present, but you
can easily pick one up for <$800.

My other one is my favorite - and old IBM 701C w/ butterfly
keyboard.  It's fairly old - 486 @ 50MHz, 20 MB RAM, and a 720 MB HD.  But
it weighs next to nothing, and is great for getting a lot of stuff done
(coding...sigh) - I picked up the whole deal (-bad battery though) for
aroung $200

Hope that helps out.

Jay