Re: More Inspiron 4000 issues...

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:18:34PM +0200, Alex Suzuki wrote:
> Hello lads,
>
> Has anyone tried the power-saving (suspend) mechanisms on the inspiron
> 4000? Even the display timeout crashed my X-Server, yet in console-mode
> it works. Haven't tried real suspend yet, but I guess it won't work.
> I wonder why the display timeout option crashes X, has anybody dealt with
> something simlar?

Don't know whether this is related, but..

I have an inspiron 3700 using XFree 4.03, and I had the same
problem with the screen going black (not just black, but
*really* black) on resumes.

Adding
	Option "NoPM"
in the "ServerFlags" section in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 sorted
that out.

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jørgensen