Re: laptop hangs on Alt+Tab

On Saturday 09 June 2001 21:48, Vivek Dasmohapatra wrote:
> Were these all KDE 2.x versions? People have reported that there were
> problems w. KDE 2.x on laptops, esp. ones where the laptop was in a power
> saving mode which involved slowing the CPU.

Yes, KDE 2.
First I put Mandrake 7.2 on it, which had a pre release of KDE 2.
Then Debian with KDE 2.0.1.
Then upgraded to 2.1.1.
All the same.

The power saving is a good idea. IIRC I did not have this problem with KDE
2.0.1 before I installed Toshutils. But I always run it on full CPU speed.
But sometimes I caught it switching the CPU speed to low, which is probably a
bug in Toshutils. Maybe that leads to the solution. I'll keep an eye on it.