laptop hangs on Alt+Tab

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2595CDT and sometimes when I press Alt+Tab to
switch between windows in KDE it hangs. The window list just stays there
after I let go of Alt+Tab.
Sometimes I'm lucky and I can still switch to the console and reboot safely,
but most of those times all buttons and the mouse are frozen and I can only
press reset.
I don't have this problem on my 2 desktop machines which run the same version
of KDE and KDM, and I had this problem on the laptop with previous versions
of KDE too. So I don't think it's a KDE problem.
Has anyone had the same problem or can anyone tell me where to search?