Toshiba 2805-S402 - lilo/framebuffer problem

Hi,

I recently installed the latest debian stable (I think this is 2.2r3)
on my laptop.  It seems I have to use the framebuffer to get X to work
on this machine.  Therefore, I first need to have a working
framebuffer for the text console.

However, for some reason I can't get a nice 1024x768 console: At boot
time, lilo tells me that I give it an unknown mode ID.  I am able to
get the framebuffer to work on my desktop machine, and I was able to
get it to work on this laptop using a SuSE 7.2, so I think I roughly
know how to configure lilo and the kernel for this purpose.  The
default kernel seems to have framebuffer support, since there is the
Tux logo at startup.  However, the colors of the logo are wrong.

Does anybody have any clue on what's going on ?  Does anybody know how
to configure framebuffer for this machine ?

--
                                           raphael.berbain@bigfoot.com