Re: How to get libgnome 1.2.x for development?

Gabor Zoltan Csejtey wrote:

> HI,
>
> When you download a debian source package after extracting it you can
> find the dependencies in the package-version/debian/control file.

I couldn't find this but found a debian directory with all the stuff to
make a .deb

> There can be more packages to install or compile again.
>
> e.g I have the following src URI-s in my /etc/apt/sources.list:

> #Sources testing
> deb-src ftp://sunsite.uio.no/debian testing main non-free contrib
> deb-src ftp://sunsite.uio.no/debian-non-US testing/non-US main non-free contrib

Okay, I added these for testing/woody in addition to stable.

apt-get source libgnome-dev
This gave me version 1.2.13-4 which is good. It wouldn't build.
apt-get install xpm4g-dev
It is built finally.(It's big)

> You may need:
> dpkg-dev - Package building tools for Debian

What do I do now? Do I package it some how so I can install it? Of
course it has a make install target.

Use a ./configure --prefix=PATH and install it via make install
somewhere else?

When you don't know a process - it stinks. Maybe you know of some
documentation for Debian development.

Anyway, thank a ton for getting me this far.

Eric