Re: X keymaps

Sometime around Sat, May 19, 2001 at 03:19:03AM -0300, Peter Cordes blurted out:

>  You can pick a different XKB keymap by editing the section in your
> /etc/X11/XF86Config.  XkbModel and XkbLayout are the ones to look for.
> (This applies to XFree86 3.3.6; X 4.x uses XF86Config-4 in Debian.)

quick lesson for all those would be travellers in laptop land...

if you are going to copy someone's XF86Config for your model of laptop to
save yourself the trouble of finding out everything yourself, make sure you
go over it for any little "gotchas"!

funnily enough my XF86Config had this:

XkbLayout "de"

which i changed to:

XkbLayout "en_US"

which fixed all the weird mappings, except for one... both my backspace and
delete delete... how do i get the backspace to backspace?

later
marty

"I can't buy what I want because it's free. Can't be what they want
because I'm me." - Corduroy, Pearl Jam