Re: modem on a TP A21m

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:55:56AM +0200, Colazzo Eugenio wrote:
> Hy everibody,
>
> does anibody know where can i find docs about A21m modem and how to make it
> work?

I found drivers for the modem at the follwoing page:
http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-4VFTT3.html?up=unknownuser986205137&selectarea=SUPPORT&Go.x=12&Go.y=14

(or just search for linux on their support pages).

Build and install them, and add the following to a file (i.e. softmodem)
in /etc/modutils:

alias char-major-62 ltmodem
add above ltmodem ltserial

Add the appropriate device (mknod /dev/ttyS14 c 62
78). Run update-modules.

I changed the group of /dev/ttyS14 to dialout so that I as a normal user
can use the modem.

This should work.

Good luck,

Dave