Re: XF86Config, X 3.3.6, ATI Rage 128

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Matthias Weiss wrote:

> Yes, I know this. But my potato dist has the 3.3.6 version of xfree86, so I
> need the old format, don't I?

Yes, you do - I was just making sure we weren't talking at cross
purposes... I'm not sure I ever got 3.3.6 to drive the r128 in my laptop,
but if you don't want to go to woody, there are instructions here:

http://www.zhlive.ch/zhl_contents_linux.html#Xwindows

The instructions are for the TP A20p, but if the chipset is the same, they
may be of some use to you.

--
"As you point out, EFAULT situations are `undefined' which means the
machine is entitled to grow wings an launch itself towards the sun..."