Re: Ati Mobility Performance

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 11:33:07PM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> Andreas Tille wrote:
> >
> > It is the one named "Radeon" which I have to use for a
> >
> > ~> grep ATI /proc/pci
> >     VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage P/M Mobility AGP 2x
> > (rev 100).
> >
> > ??
>
> I don't think so - that looks most likely be an R128.

Nope.. it's not the r128 chipset. That chip is based on the old RagePro chip, which at the moment don't have a working DRI version.
At least none that I know of.. I still use 3.3.6 and UtahGLX om my RagePro based laptop.
In some cases the performance is even better than windows =)

If someone knows anything about the RagePro driver for XFree 4.0, please drop me a line. It would be fun to use XFree 4.0 instead of 3.3.6 but I won't drop 3D Acceleration.

--

	/Johan

Life is but an Illusion of Death