Re: LILO won't work on a Inspiron 8000

Gyurko Szabolcs wrote:

> Hi !
>
> You can boot up with rescue disk as follows:   rescue root=/dev/hda5
> Why won't lilo put the boot to MBR ?
> Send your lilo.conf please, and I'll try to help.

I get a "Warning: unable to open an initial console." when I use the
rescue disk to boot into my root partition. It just sticks there and
doesn't do anything. It must be something I need to put in the lilo
parameters, anyone knows what would fix this?

lilo.conf is the default one, I haven't touched it except for what the
installation program did to it. I stripped the comments:

lba32
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda5
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
delay=20
vga=normal
default=Linux
image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        read-only
image=/vmlinuz.old
        label=LinuxOLD
        read-only
        optional

This is all the active lines for lilo.conf in /target/etc/

Thanks!
Yannick