Re: apm with kernel 2.4.3

> hi! i use a sony vaio notebook (sr1k) with debian potatoand upgraded the
> kernel to version 2.4.3 with the effect that i cannot get apm to work.
>
> in the past i have used 2.4.2 however (to my shame) i don't remember what
> my apm configuration looked like exactly. anyway, i was able to read
> battery status and the computer would shut down and reboot automatically,
> apart from that suspend worked fine.
>
> with the 2.4.3 kernel however, i've already tried all kinds of
> configurations but the computer never shut down automatically and the
> /etc/init.d/apmd causes a crash.

Just in case it might help, I have APM working perfectly on my Dell
7500, with 2.4.3 & 2.4.4, with the following kernel configuration:

CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

and with apmd 3.0final-1.

best regards,
Calum.