yamaha MU100 sound module

can you help me please with my problem , as you are aware yamaha supports the
xg mode when playing back midi files in their status from yamaha but every
time i try to playback a midi file generated from floppy via the sequencing
of cakewalk the output of the module is just mishmash swalks and beeps and
distortions although if i switch the mode from xg to gm it is fine and clear
ive asked many people about this and no solutions yet please help a
frustrated musician