Re: Lilo problem after kernel reinstall: LIL-

Tiarnan O'Corrain wrote:

> Hey all...
>
> I recompiled my kernel 2.4.2, and did all of the System.map,
> vmlinuz copying, then ran LILO (which seemed quite happy).
> However, when I boot the computer, I get the following prompt,
> after which it freezes:
>   LIL-

I had a similar problem.  Mine was due to a corrupt boot sector.  I fixed it by
running

>fdsk /mbr

(or something like that I can't exactly recall) from a windoz startup disk.
This will kill your boot sector and "fix" it.  After that you need to reinstall
lilo, edit lilo.conf, run lilo, and your golden.

Andy