apmd on Dell Inspiron 7500

Hello,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 7500 and have tried compiling the apm in the
kernel with several different configurations.. the battery monitor and all
that good stuff works fine, but I've never had any luck with resuming
after a suspend (I close the lid and the machine freezes completely).

The machine also suspends when I use the Fn-Suspend key combination, but I
can not get it to wake up at all.

Has anybody had any success with this?

I'm running kernel-2.2.18pre21 with potato. I've also at various times run
RedHat from versions 5.2 - 6.2 and never had any success with this
problem.

Cheers

Iain

P.S.  apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x03 (Driver version 1.13)