Re: compaq internet keys

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 12:47:59AM -0500, Brian Stults wrote:
> Does anyone know how to remap the "internet zone" keys on a Compaq
> 1800?  I tried xkeycaps, but it doesn't recognize the key when pressed.
> xev also does not notice the key being pressed.

 The X server can't send events if the kernel isn't passing keycodes to it,
or if it doesn't know what events to map the keycodes to.

 Use showkey(1) to find out what the key codes are, then feed something like
keycode 200 = Hyper_L
or
keycode 220 = XF86LightBulb
 (I just fired up xkeycaps to see what weird stuff you could do with extra
keys, and under Vendor keysyms, XF86LightBulb really exists... :)

 BTW, some/all of this may not work at all, since I just pulled it out of my
ass :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y