Re: updated:pcmcia ethernet recommendation(again) :)

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 09:03:49PM -0800, Francois Gouget wrote:
>    The problem is not when you transport the laptop.
>    The problem is when you move the laptop while it's on and connected
> to the network and maybe even downloading stuff. For example from the
> coffee table to your lap. That's when there's danger.
>
>    I guess as long as you only use your laptop on a desk one would have
> no problem.

When I was using a card I put some velcro on a my dongle (er my card's
dongle) and on the side of my laptop which extended the life of the
dongle. It finally met it's fate during a thunderstorm due to
lightning damage.

I currently use a Linksys 10/100 modem ethernet adapter which has the
RJ jacks on a block that extends from the card. It is very sturdy.
Unfortunately, my understanding is that the current production of
these use winmodems for the modem half.

your pal dave

--
Dave Thayer