Display errors on Sony Viao

Is there a file /etc/X11/X?
Yes:
	Is it a symbolic link?
	No:
		Is it executable?
		Yes:
			You'll have to ask someone else what to do.
		No:
			Make it executable using chmod.
	Yes:
		Make sure the file it points to exists and is
		executable.
No:
	Either change the first line of /etc/X11/Xserver to be
	the name of an existing executable xserver; or make
	/etc/X11/X be or point to one.

(If someone else on this list contradicts what I just said, listen to
them, not me.  The above works for me, but may not be "Debian-pure".)

Will