Re: Extra `mouse' button on a Thinkpad T21

|> I've been working with getting Debian running in all its glory on an
|> IBM Thinkpad T21, and am pretty pleased -- except for one tiny issue.
|>
|> The T21 has a large button with a blue marking underneath the left-
|> and right-`mouse' buttons.  Under Windows, this is used as a scroll
|> button.
|>
|> I'd like to set this up as a middle mouse button, but I'm not sure
|> how.  I can't just remap it with xmodmap, since it's currently not
|> even being read by X (tested using xev).  In addition, none of the
|> mouse configurations in gpm seem to activate it.
|>
|> Anyone have any ideas?

It's just a matter of using the right protocol in XF86config; try the
various settings, I've forgotten what the right answer is; I think it
might be Intellimouse, but I've been playing with too many different
mouse devices recently and don't have access to the appropriate system
at the moment.

--------
-Chris Shabsin                   -shabby@mit.edu
-Software Engineer, Dimensional Insight, Inc.

echo Prpv a\'rfg cnf har cvcr | tr Pacfghnrvp Cnpstuaeic