Re: XF86Setup&XF86Config + gnome doesn't start

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 12:25:40PM -0800, redstars@worldmailer.com wrote:
> I typed the command and XF86Config was found at /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ but
> when I try to open it with emacs it writes: "file exists, but cannot be
> read."

 Maybe a broken symlink?  Maybe it was created by root without read for
other permission, and you are running as an ordinary user?

 BTW, the locate command is good for finding files.  I'll just tell you
where to find XF86Config, though.  If it exists at all, it'll be in
/etc/X11.  That's where all the X config files live.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y