Re: PCMCIA doesn't work anymore

--- "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@inka.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks to all those who replied so far. The Xircom modem does work again
> (I didn't include PCMCIA serial devices support into the kernel).
> However, my FA510c network card still doesn't work (I always hear a high
> low beep sequence when inserting the card).
>
> Felix

The "high low" beep sequence means "I know there's a new PCMCIA card
inserted, but I have no clue of which driver to use for it" (i.e. there is
no entry for this card in the database). I had a similar problem with a
D-Link network card (I don't remerber the model name) with the PCMCIA
package shipped with Debian 2.2r0. I had to manually add a new entry in
/etc/pcmcia/config. The whole process is described in the PCMCIA-HOWTO. It
can be found there: http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/PCMCIA-HOWTO-6.html
Of course you have to know which driver to use...
May the network be with you!

    Francois.

=====
Francois BOTTIN
--
    "How kind," the PFY sighs. "But where will I go?"
    "Somewhere where they know nothing about computing... where they wouldn't know a RAM chip from a potato chip!"