Re: Xircom RBEM56G-100

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 11:31:26AM +0100, Jan van Veldhuizen wrote:
> Until now I use Linux stand-alone, but I want to be able to reach the world
> outside.
> Before starting attemps to activate my network and modem:
>
> Has anyone of you a Xircom Realport Cardbus Ethernet card with Modem & ISDN
> & GSM-modem?
> And I really use all these features.

I have one and can say that all of the parts that I use (ISDN, modem, ethernet)
work (more or less, the linux driver for the ethernet part seems to be a little
buggy - sometimes a DHCP server doesn't recognize me, e.g., but in general, i.e.
with manually setting the IP address, it works).

The ISDN part is just plugged into the card and can be handled like any serial
modem (just ATDTxxxx does it for me, I didn't even have to look at the
documentation).

--
Sebastian

* Sebastian Schaffert                                       wastl@wastl.net *
* - IT-Beratung                                             +49-171-3177535 *
* - Individualsoftware                                   Frühlingstrasse 25 *
* - Linux-Lösungen                                       D-83278 Traunstein *

PGP Key fingerprint =
       13 1D 2E 4F 20 3E C9 1F  4C 57 52 87 8A 80 48 4D  F5 E9 97 EC