Re: Netgear FA510 trouble

JParker@coinstar.com wrote:
> Check dmesg and your route table for clues ... also are you pinging by name or
> number ?  if name, try number.  if that works check you dns/hosts configurations

dmsg conatins lines like (they seem to be generated after each
unsuccessful ping):
eth0: Tx hung, 16 vs. 0.

The route table is the same on both computers in the network:
Destination Gateway Denmask       Flags Metric Ref Use IFace * U     0      0   0   eth0

DNS is not the problem since pinging by number doesn't work. The
contents of my hosts file are:       ibm550.klee             ibm550
localhost     amd300.klee             amd300     amd300w95.klee          amd300w95     p90.klee                p90     p90w95.klee             p90w95     ibm550.klee             ibm550     ibm550w2k.klee          ibm550w2k     mh233.klee              mh233     mh233w95.klee           mh233w95     liteline266.klee        liteline266    liteline266w95.klee     liteline266w95

BTW, connecting to mh233 and liteline266 via PLIP works. However, I
haven't tested whether I can access amd300 (that's the machine I am
trying to ping) via PLIP.