From: Lukas Ruf [mailto:ruf@tik.ee.ethz.ch]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 9:40 PM
To: DebianLaptop
Subject: DHCP, WaveLAN and wired LAN

Dear all,

I am using
    Debian woody,
    kernel 2.2.18,
    cs-3.1.23
    wavelan2_cs-6.06
    and
    pump (as distributed by woody)

The problem I am experiencing:
    I cannot get a DHCP-served IP-address.

When I remove/exchange the cards (either WaveLAN and or the other wired card),
the modules are correctly loaded.  But unfortunately, neither wire- nor
wireless cards get a DHCP address.  Strange enough, if I execute as root
/etc/init.d/networking stop
and after that
/etc/init.d/networking start
in either case the DHCP address is correctly assigned.  If I execute
/etc/init.d/networking restart
the whole system crashes.

Does anyone know what I could try next ?

Any help is greately appreciated!

--lpr