Re: problems with X

Thanks for the info. Ideally i would like to log-in on the console and
then go into X manually by running the X command. I am sure when X was
set-up the configurator (which I was not aware) set-up the system to run
on X on successful boot-up or start of the system. is there a way i can
achieve this?? by editing a config file?? and then when I log-into X I
need some xterms (atleast!!) to work with. right now the X screen is just
blank!!

any suggestion on where I can get more info on setting this up or any
suggestions from any one are welcome.

thanks,
praveen kamath