Dell Latitude CPx J

Hello all,

I am a unix admin of about 4 years doing mostly Solaris, AIX, and RH based
linux distributions (and a little OpenBSD).  In an effort to diversify my
platfom base, I decided to install Debian.  Not one to do things the easy
way, I decided to install this on my laptop!  =)

I downloaded the pieces and built the 2.2r2 iso disk1.  I was able to boot
and install the os.  It auto detected my Xircom CardBus Ethernet 100 + Modem
56 (Ethernet Interface) but then when I stepped through the ip configuration
it failed.  I also have a port replicator that I primarily use.  It has a
3com 3c920 which is suppossed to be compatable with 3c905C-TX, which I
should be able to use the 3c90X driver.  I tried to do a insmod and it could
not find it.

I also could not get the X system to install correctly.  Apparently the card
is an ATI Mobility M1 which I should use a Mach64 driver for.  However, I am
used to running Xconfigurator, which I believe is a RedHat util.  But, I
think that I am going to try and get X 4.02 running instead of the version
that comes with D2.2r2.

Any help out there??

Thanks!!

Jeremy