Re: opening a thinkpad i1410?

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 05:18:41PM -0500, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> My wife has an old thinkpad i1400 type 2611.
>
> Does anyone know how to open this laptop? I tried removing all the
> screws from the bottom (including two under the snap-down feet). I can
> pop the case open most of the way around the edges, but it seems stuck
> near the floppy/cd and one of the rear corners. Anyone know the trick to
> opening this system?
>
> Maybe I should open it through the keyboard or take the display off
> first, but I don't see any way to do it.

Thanks to Carlos and Dean for pointing out that the info was on IBM's
web site. I had to pull almost everything out of the laptop (lots of
stuff) to get to the bottom of the system board, but I did get the power
connector soldered back into place. The computer is working fine.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com
Texas Instruments            bradshaw@ti.com