Re: Regarding using a docking-station.

> Hi all--
>
> I have a compaq 4/75CX laptop with debian 2.0.2(I belive installed) on it.
> I also have a docking -station (compaq smart-staion) which I would like to
> use. And have no clue as to how to proceed.
>
> Can anyone with lap-tops, linux, docking-station help me out???
>
> Thanks.
> praveen

My favorite trick is to wire "keyboardsignal" (usually, alt-up) to run a
script which invokes the dock's modules for me.

If the dock includes ether, then I don't have ether under the alt-up script,
I have it in the normal networking control file with a pre-up and a post-down
command to handle its modules.  Mainly because I might want to stay off the
net when I dock - I'm strange that way.  But much more importantly, I 'net
at more than one place, and might keep docks at several of them, so it would
give me a chance to swap in the correct control file.

I'm not at my laptop right now but I think that's /etc/network/interfaces.

-* Heather Stern * star@ many places...