Re: i still can't install linux!

It should (just) do....
try switching virtual consoles by pressing
Alt-F1 to Alt-F8, and check if there are other error
messages on those consoles (especially Alt-F3 and Alt-F4)
If there are... mail them...

Mark Janssen

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Marino wrote:

> Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:49:11 +0200
> From: Marino <marino@abanet.it>
> To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
> Subject: i still can't install linux!
>
> hi all!
> thanks for any help, but i still can't install linux debian 2.2
> my laptop is "trying to extract base2_2.tgz" for 20 hr!!
> please help me! i have only 8 mb RAM, can it work?
> should i try to install debian2.2 without a swap partition?
> my HD is 256 mb, and the swap partition (32 mb) is almost not used at all.
> thanks anyway.

Mark Janssen                                  Unix Consultant
Unix Support Nederland / PSInet Netherlands
E-mail: mark@markjanssen.homeip.net    GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
http: markjanssen.homeip.net www.markjanssen.nl www.maniac.nl
Fax/VoiceMail: +31 20 8757555     Finger for GPG and GeekCode