Solved: Re: X on Vaio PCG F430 -- 320x200 max res?

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 02:06:47AM -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> I am unable to get a working X configuration above 320x200 screen
> resolution on a Sony Vaio PCG F430 (components are similar to the F450).
> OS is Debian Slink (from the Sam's "Installing Debian" book -- sorry,
> but that's what I bought last night after discovering my InfoMagic disk
> was 2.0).  Chipset is Neomagic, should run with the SVGA driver.  XF86
> version is 3.3.2.3.  2.0.36 kernel.

Apparently the NeoMagic is supported by the SVGA driver, but by a more
recent one than that packaged with slink.

Solved the problem by upgrading to the potato SVGA server.  I also went
for a newer version of WindowMaker, so the following isn't a strictly
necessary list of upgrades, but it's what went on my system.

    apt_0.3.19.deb
    base-passwd_3.1.7.deb
    gmp2_2.0.2-6.deb
    ldso_1.9.11-9.deb