Re: Laptop email

Adam, the thing I described works flawlessly here. Personally I don't
use Netscape (I use GNUs) but my family does. I wanted a possibility
to check all (every user's) mail at once and automatically when our
common machine goes online, and it works.

The recent fetchmail gets unseen msgs only, unless you specify -a
(all msgs, seen or not).

Note that I said (or meant) in my original posting I have turned off
automatic retrieval in Netscape. If you combine Netscape and Xbiff or
anything else that tells you new mail has arrived and have a little
discipline, you will be able to avoid most Netscape crashes if I got
you right: just don't hit the "Get msg"-button if there's no new
mail. This is no work-around for the usual hangs when Netscape expects
to be online in order to display any non-local Browser Start page. Try
"Browser starts with: Blank page".

As for the performance argument, Netscape seems to retrieve msgs
very very fast indeed.

You don't need "Send later" any more and I don't know what happens if
you use it. I suspect some Netscape thing will be done that should be
avoided if you ever want your msg to get delivered to anybody
;). "Send" does what you want: queue into exim.

HTH
Andre