Re: problem installing debian 2.2 potato on a dell inspiron

hi,
well excually you don't have to delete the second partitiation, but I
think it's okay to do so.
Make sure you don't delete partitation 1 as well.
If that is done, just create a /dev/hda2 and had3 partitation where one is
an linux code 83 partitation and the other will be swapspace (82).
If you only fiddle with the second partiation that will eb fine, for
security sake update you're windows drive somehwere.

/dev/nvram when used wrong can indeed screw upt you're bios, be carefull.
good luck