pcmcia modem

Hi,

I have just upgraded to potato and my modem stoped working. I have a 3Com
3CCM156 B whcih is correctely recognized when i do cardctl indent

Socket 0:
  product info: "3COM", "3CCM156 B", "56K Global Modem PC Card"
  manfid: 0x0101, 0x0039
  function: 2 (serial)
Socket 1:
  no product info available

Also cardctl config seems to be aware of the irq and address of the modem

Socket 0:
  Vcc 5.0V  Vpp1 0.0V  Vpp2 0.0V
  interface type is "memory and I/O"
  irq 3 [exclusive] [level]
  Speaker output is enabled
  function 0:
    config base 0x0300
      option 0x60 status 0x08
    io 0x13f8-0x13ff [8bit]
Socket 1:
  not configured

setserial gives the same address and irq as above.

However, when I try to configure he modem with wvdialconf I get

Scanning your serial ports for a modem.

Port Scan<*1>: S1
ttyS0<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- ATQ0 V1 E1 -- ATQ0 V1 E1 -- nothing.
Port Scan<*1>: S2   S3

Sorry, no modem was detected!  Is it in use by another program?
Did you configure it properly with setserial?

and stty -F /dev/ttyS1 gives

stty: /dev/ttyS1: Input/output error

I know the modem should work, because it was working before I installed
potato.

Does anybody out there knows what to do in order to get the modem working
again? I've tried everything I could think of but obviously failed. I am
geting desperate with this :-(

Yours,

Luis

		  Astronomy Centre
Luis E. Mendes    University of Sussex   Tel. +44 (0)1273 678971
                  Falmer                 Fax. +44 (0)1273 677196
                  Brighton BN1 9QJ
		  UK