Re: how to set default wm? - I made it !

"Benjamin F. Zhou" <zhoub@fisci.com> writes:

> thank you sooo.......oo much for the hint !
> although it didnt work directly after these three steps, by following your
> track, I found the key is in the file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc. in
> its last section are these lines:
>
> twm &                                               <---the default wm
> setup during install
> xclock -geometry 50x50-1+1 &         <--- the clock at upper right conner
> xterm -geometry 80x50+494+51 &    <------- the stupid large window
> xterm -geometry 80x20+494-0 &       <------- the one I could use
> exec xterm -geometry 80x60+0+0 -name login     <-- the one with login name

Dutr, you just totally did it the hard way.

Check the mail archive for discussion og using update-alternatives on
potato to set /usr/bin/x-window-manager.

--
Craig Brozefsky               <craig@red-bean.com>
Lisp Web Dev List  http://www.red-bean.com/lispweb