Re: Modem trouble

The only problem I notice is that the modem does not respond; ppp times
out after 45 seconds with an alarm. The fact that your UART was detected
as a 16540 raises big warning bells in my mind; I've never heard of anyone
using anything other than a 16550 in the last five years. Moreover, later
on "setserial" is unable to detect any UART, which would of course lead to
problems. Look through the docs to see if there is some way of forcing a
16550 UART on the device; probably somethig in setserial. Good Luck!

Ben