seeking purchase recommendation

Greetings list members. I know that many people have asked "which laptop
should I buy?", but I have some specific needs that I hope can be
addressed.

I need to purchase a laptop within the next two weeks. One of the most
critical factors is superb sound support. One of the primary functions
of my laptop will be to serve up mp3's through an ampliphied sound
system at dances. I also am looking for a laptop with at least
1024x768x24bit resolution/color.

Please let me know which laptops have sound working well under Linux. I
am not so concerned with the quality of the speakers on the laptop, just
the quality of the signal at the line-out jack. Thanks in advance!

-Ben Messigner