Decision which laptop to buy

Hi,

I'm currently thinking about buying a laptop, but I'm not sure which one
of those two is the best buy and is well supported by Linux (especially
Debian.). Ï'm thinking about the compaq v300 or the dell inspirion 3800.
The big advantage of the inspirion is the runtime of the accumulator and
the big advantage of the v300 is the price. Has anybody positive or
negative experiences with one of them or are they equal?

Ciao
     Shorty
--
        Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member