DPMS - XFree

Hi all,

I have a liitle trouble with the Xfree 3.3.6 XServer for the Silicon
Motion LynxE, maybe someone experienced similiar problems and has a
solution.

it works fine execept if I want to switch to the console, then my display
turns off and I have to switch back and forth some times to get at least a
garbled display ... then xvidtune + apply and the display is back.
I think it has something to do with the DPMS, because as long there is
just kdm running all this doesn't happen!? Does anybody know how to tell
Gnome not to turn on DPMS? If I want to turn it off (xset -dpms) the
display switches off and there is no way of turning it on again.

ciao