Re: Tecra 8100 install (Savage MX video)

> I know these laptops are new but has anyone had any luck installing
> Debian on it? As the subject suggests, I suspect problems with the video
> already.

I have installed debian with ease. I however am having exactly the problem
you mentioned with xfree86, they do not support the card yet, I've tried
all savage family, creating my own clocksline, etc... xfree86 geeks are
working on it for the next release...

I can use vga16 with 800x600 but that's no good with the larger screen.

Great laptop though!