Re: How to re-install from PCMCIA-SCSI-CDROM?

you could always do a floppy install for the base stuff.

 and then use that base install to get the cdrom working, when you get the
cdrom working you can use dselect and point it to get the packages off the
cdrom.

or if you have a fast connection, you can bypass the cdrom altogether and
use dselect to download everything after you install the base system.