Install problem on laptop Toshiba T4400sxc

Would you know what is going on and how I could successfully install the
system?

Additional Information:

- I tried booting from the RESC1440 but got a computer freeze on the
following message :
RAMDISK:Compressed image found at block 0
Couldn't get a free page....
Out of memory VFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem)

- so I used the LOWMEM.bin floppy and I was able to boot and partition the
hard disk: 16MB swap (type 82 from block 1 to 121) - 2MB temporary root
(type 81 from block 122 to 137) - 108MB for / (type 83 from block 138 to
934). The whole disk being used for Linux only.

- First strange message after initializing the 16MB swap and 2MB root and
typing 4 (exit), I got "SWAP ON... failed". But the install program load
nonetheless.

- I then configure the keyboard without problem but during the "Configure
Device Driver Modules, I get a "can't open /lib/2.0.86/modules" and another
"can't open" something (too fast to read it). The install program then goes
to "exit, finished with the modules" (I don't get to select any module and
then go back to main menu and start "install base system and get terminal
problem described in the opening of this message.

Well that's it. I sure hope you can help me out.

Thank you,
Chris

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com?sr=mc.mk.mcm.tag001