Re: BUG?! no pcmcia ethernet on battery power

> > to digress even further, does anyone know how to get fsck to postpone
> > running until next boot?  what happens to me is that i'll be in a hurry
> > to get at some of the data on my laptop, so i'll turn it on, but
> > while booting, i'll be unlucky enough to get stuck waiting for
> > fsck to check one of my partitions.  i have no problems w/ running fsck,
> > but i'd rather be able to postpone it until i have more time ;-)
> >

> once it is fsck'ing, all is over.  You could however use tunefs to make fsck
> run less often.  Or consider switching to a journaling fs.

The shutdown man page says if you use -f it will skip fsck on the reboot.
Whether that works when you've halted it, I dunno.... and I haven't tested
that, the man page was at my workstation which isn't debian, it's SuSE.

Still, if the debian shutdown doesn't have this feature, it should.  If this
is how you normally handle your system though, occasionally shutting down with
-F (force fsck) would be wise;  you don't want drive corruption.

Journaling FS and real hibernation, how well do those work together so far?
I'm not quite willing to submit my laptop to alpha journaling code...

* Heather