Re: External monitor

> Hi, here is what I am facing. I have a Fujitsu 635T running debian. The
> LCD on my machine allow me to use resolution up to 800X600 witch is jusk
> OK. The problem comes when I hook my external 19" monitor to it at 800x600
> it's just huge! how can I have two seperate resolution,one for LCD and the
> auther one for the external monitor?
>
> If anyone could help me it would be apreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Thom

In your XF86Config, create one monitor section for your laptop screen, and
another monitor section for your CRT.  You'll have to do it by cut and paste
because as far as I know, none of the current configurators have any idea
that you might want more than one monitor.  (Sigh.)

If your Screen sections below all use
	Monitor "Primary Monitor"

but your monitor sections have (for the laptop's own)
        Identifier "Primary Monitor"
        #Identifier "Laptop"
(for your dock or whatever)
        #Identifier "Primary Monitor"
        Identifier "External"

...just swap which one has the magical name commented in, and it should
work.   You do have to exit and restart X, of course.

If you laptop doesn't have a safe means to deal with resolutions higher
than it can use (mine for instance only shows the topleft of 1024x768
but it looks fine) you aren't going to be able to get better than 800x600
on it with both screens active.  Sorry.