Re: HP 4150 Sound Problem

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 04:36:31PM +0100, Erik Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there anyboby who successfully configured NM2200 sound chip ( OSS
> has autodetect his )? I installed potato and the rest is working fine.
> Except the sh*** sound card. On 'soundon' modules get loaded into the
> kernel, but when try to cat an audiofile to /dev/audio4 - the first
> softOSS audio device - my box reboots !!!
> Any suggestions?

The NM2200 is not a sound chip - Its a GFX Controller ...

You must have a different seperate sound chip ... My ThinkPad 390E has
a NM2200 for GFX and a ESS1938 for sound ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is