Re: > 64Meg RAM question

Hi,

Yes, the BIOS does pick up the memory.  This machine dual boots NT,
and NT has no problem seeing all 128Meg.  However, in Linux, at boot
time I just get:

Memory: sized by int13 088h
Console: 16 point font, 400 scans
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25, 1 virtual console (max 63)
pcibios_init : BIOS32 Service Directory structure at 0x000fd800
pcibios_init : BIOS32 Service Directory entry at 0xfd820
pcibios_init : PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfd880
Probing PCI hardware.
Calibrating delay loop.. ok - 297.37 BogoMIPS
Memory: 63580k/66556k available (1144k kernel code, 384k reserved, 1448k data)
Swansea University Computer Society NET3.035 for Linux 2.0
NET3: Unix domain sockets 0.13 for Linux NET3.035.

Will stepping up to potato (I assume that's what you mean by a 2.2
based kernel) necessarily fix the memory problem?  Also,
how big a headache am I in for in compiling the kernel and pcmcia
services?  I'm a bit of a novice at this Linux system administration
stuff, although I've been a Unix user for years.

Thanks,

Biff