Sound on Toshiba

Here's one for you guys (and girls):

I am running kernel 2.2.12 on a Toshiba Satellite 2545XCDT with a Yamaha
OPL card.  I have been able to edit the /etc/modules and /etc/modules.conf
with the correct information (I have had it working before in a different
installation), and the kernel boots fine, it also says that module sound
and midi are loading fine.  I do a cat /dev/sndstat, and all looks good.
I use a mixer to turn up the volume on the card, but when I run mpg123 to
play an mp3, I get nothing.  No sound, but no error messages.  I am
puzzled, any ideas?

Matt Swasey
World Data Network
mswasey@wdn.com