Re: problems with X

When I do the Ctrl+Alt+F1, go back to the console mode, and work, none of
the network functionality seems to work! i cant do a ftp or http etc.,

why is this so. I get the strong feeling that for a normal user like me
who doesn't bother too much about setting up X (its configuration etc)
GNOME is a much better alternatine. I am sure in GNOME there's no config
files needed to set-up clients, or are there??

thanks all for the feedback so far.

praveen kamath